How do I withdraw a writ?
To withdraw one or more debtors from a writ:
- From the menu, select Writs, then Maintain, then Withdraw writ.
The Search for a writ to withdraw page opens.
- Enter the Writ file number, and type the first characters of the enforcement office location in the Enforcement office location(s) drop-down list and select the enforcement office from the results.
- Select Search for a writ.
The writ opens, containing the details.
- Select Withdraw writ.
- To withdraw all the debtors, select Entire writ from the options, or to remove only specific debtors select Selected debtor(s) and select the options next to the debtors to be removed.
- Select the Certification and agreement option, enter the Reference ID, and a note if required.
- If you have signing authority, select Sign and Apply.
Note: If you aren’t set up for signing authority, select Save and exit, and it can be accessed later from the Files in Progress tab by the lawyer or paralegal in good standing with the appropriate authority.
The Sign file page displays.
- Enter your signing password and the value displayed on your RSA SecurID token.
Tip: The Account Password field on the Sign file page refers to the Token Password you created in PortasPASS. To log into PortasPASS, the Account was provided to you by WritFiling Customer Service when you signed up, or if you are a Teraview user, this is the Teraview Account you use to sign in. You can learn more about your token password in this topic.
- Select Sign and Continue to payment.
The Fee payment page displays.
- Review the order and from the Payment method drop-down list, select your payment method.
Note: If you select Deposit account, the payment will come directly from that account. Select the account from the drop-down list if you have more than one.
- Follow the prompts on-screen.
Note: To use a stored card, next to the stored card displayed, select Pay with this card.
- To pay and store your credit card details, select Store credit card details, or to enter your details, select Continue to payment.
A confirmation message appears, advising you that you are entering the Moneris system for payment.
- Select OK.
- Follow the payment prompts.
Upon successful payment, your writ details display.
Tip: You can find your writ in the Submitted Files tab in the dashboard. If your writ is still incomplete, you can access it from your Files in Progress tab.
You can return to the home page by selecting Take me to my dashboard.